Latest Buy: Brown Metallic Strap Watch from New Look

Tuesday, February 09, 2016


A few weeks ago I decided that I would like to have a watch. I haven't had one since I was about 18 or 19 years old, when I used to use my digital watch to help me keep an eye on the time as I developed film when I was a photography student and I thought perhaps buying a new one, which I actually liked wearing would help me with my anxiety.

What do you mean help with my anxiety, you ask?

Well when I get anxious, I tend to repeatedly click the home button on my phone to see what the time is and this usually leads me to spamming my fiancé with concerned messages and so forth so I thought if I bought myself a watch, I could keep an eye on the time without feeling the temptation of looking at my phone constantly. This significantly helps me reduce my anxious impulses and stops me from having my phone near me 24/7.

I decided that I didn't want to go for a digital watch either. I really like the look of the current ladies watches many places are bringing out. They're analogue which I love because it's always good to get away from electrical devices and this helps me step away from the constant need to be near digital technology. 

When I started looking at watches, many of the ones I looked at were way out of my price range. £80 for a watch when I can barely afford a £20 one? No thank you! So I decided I'd look at some stores online that I knew would probably be in my budget. At first I tried TK Maxx, but to no avail I couldn't find anything that I felt represented me in a watch (I know that seems weird haha) So I searched the internet a little while longer when I came across New Look's Jewellery & Hair Accessories section online. I noticed that they had the style of watches I have been gawking at over on Instagram etc, but for a far cheaper price! 

This brown metallic strap watch originally cost £12.99 but I still didn't have the funds to buy it, because money always has to go out on bills first and foremost and not to mention my family had two funerals to attend at the end of January - which were obviously high priority. So I patiently waited until everything was out of the way and to my luck, the watch had been significantly been reduced in their sales so I went for it and bought it!

A comfortable metallic strap for various sized wrists


So far, I'm loving the watch. It's got a comfortable strap that you can adjust depending on how big your wrists are. My wrists are quite square and thin, so for me it's always tough to find bracelets and watches that don't just slide off as soon as I've put them on. The round face also isn't too big. I usually hate watches with large faces as they dig into the little amount of skin I have on my arms and leave them sore, so I'm really pleased I haven't experienced that with this cute little watch so far. I'm a little bit concerned with the finish of the face though, I'm not entirely sure what it is made of but it seems to be trying to duplicate the colour of gold and I really hope it doesn't wear off too quickly. I've been avoiding wearing it near water so it reduces the chances of the finish wearing off.

It's also  light on your arm and looks really cute with pretty much any outfit!
And there we have it. A decent analogue ladies watch for as cheap as chips! Okay, chips are probably cheaper still but regardless! Leave a comment with your latest buy and what you thought of it. Was it a waste of money or a surprising bargain? 

Don't forget you can follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up with all the latest posts.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured

This Week's Popular Post

Search This Blog

Subscribe